- 1.Fun with Maths – A simple Mathemagic that will amaze your friends
- 2.Fun with Maths – The power of zero
- 3.Fun with Maths – You need not learn the table of 9
- 4.The 7-11-13 magic trick
- 5.Kangaroos Eating Oranges in Denmark
- 6.Fun with Maths: A cool addition trick
- 7.Fun with Maths: Identify the heavier diamond
- 8.Help the snail reach the top of the pit
- 9.Fun with Maths – Decode the letters
- 10.Fun with Maths – decode the letters part 2
- 11.Half of every square
- 12.Fun with Maths – Divide the given shape
- 13.Turn the fish around
- 14.How many squares are there?
- 15.Count the triangles
- 16.Create more squares
- 17.Arrange ten circles in five lines
- 18.Draw the designs without lifting the pencil
- 19.How many Diamonds do the Dragons have?
- 20.The mystery of the hotel rent
- 21.Time and Work – How Many Men
- 22.Connect the dots
- 23.Divide the cross by two straight lines
- 24.How many employees: a maths puzzle
- 25.Learn the multiplication table of 19 easily
- 26.What Time is it by the Mirror?
- 27.Help Minnie to Open the Safety Lock
- 28.Fun with Maths – How many coconuts
- 29.Fun with Maths: Mark the months in the calendar
- 30.Fun with Maths – Milkman’s containers
- 31.Fun with Maths – The pink princess gown
- 32.Fun with maths – An old woman’s will
- 33.Cross the bridge in 17 minutes
Three Kabaddi players from India travelled to New York for a tournament. After winning the tournament, they decided to visit a nearby town. Once in the town, they chose a hotel to stay in. By chance a room with three beds was available at a reasonable rate of $30. They paid at the reception thinking that they would share $10 each. Soon the bellboy at the hotel reached them and returned them $5 saying that the hotel was giving a special discount that weekend on the hotel rent. The three players decided to give the bellboy $2 and divide the remaining $3 amongst themselves.
But, when they calculated their expenses they could not understand the following details:
Each player had originally paid $10 (towards the initial $30). Then each got back $1 which meant that each of them had paid $9 for the room. They then gave the bellboy a tip of $2.
Now, when we calculate, we find that $9 x 3 = $27
When $2 is added to it, it comes out to be $29
So, where has the last dollar disappeared?
Can you help them in figuring out the mystery?
Click here to view the ANSWER Answer: The trick lies in the way this question is phrased. The total expenses of the three players is $27 which includes the $2 that the bellboy receives. $3 was returned to them. So $27 is with the Hotel account and $3 is back with the players. Hence, $27 + $3 = $30 There is no question of the last dollar!
The trick lies in the way this question is phrased.
The total expenses of the three players is $27 which includes the $2 that the bellboy receives.
$3 was returned to them. So $27 is with the Hotel account and $3 is back with the players.
Hence, $27 + $3 = $30
There is no question of the last dollar!