Welcome to Crafts corner! Make a pen stand at home.
Here you will learn how to use things around the house to build creative projects. This reuse of scrap material to make something of more value is called ‘upcyling’.
Yes, you can make a pen stand for yourself in your own home.
Things you need:
- One box
- Gift wrapping paper
- Cardboard or thermocol
- Sticky tape, 2 different colours
Steps to make pen stand:
1. Cut the cardboard or thermocol such that it fits inside the box. Cut two pieces of the cardboard, one that fits into the box and the other that fits between the box and the first piece.
2. Cut the gift wrapping paper in the size of the box, such that it can be wrapped around the box. Take care to leave some extra gift wrapping paper on all sides.
3. Wrap the gift wrapping paper around the box. Using the sticky tape, tape the wrapping paper to the box on one side.
4. Wrap the box entirely with the gift wrapping paper and tape it.
5. Wrap the underside and tape it.
6. Fold the wrapping paper on the inside of the box and tape it to the inside.
7. Now wrap both pieces of cardboard or thermocol with the gift wrapping paper.
8. Now slide both pieces of the cardboard or thermocol into the box.
9. Now use a coloured sticky tape to tape the seam of the gift wrapping paper. Use the second coloured sticky tape to make two lines perpendicular to the first sticky tape.
And your pen stand is ready!
Don’t forget to send us photographs of your pen stand creation!