Make a doll from a plastic bottle – things you need:
- An old plastic bottle (cold drink or mineral water)
- A small earthen pot or a diya
- Poster colours
- One cloth (you can take a piece from an old saree or dupatta)
- A packing ribbon or an old piece of lace
- One safety pin
- First, fill the bottle with water. This will make the bottle heavier so that it does not fall.
- Now, make eyes, nose and a mouth on the earthen pot to make a face.
- Drape the bottle with the cloth. Hold it in place with the packing ribbon or the lace.
- Keep the earthen pot on the mouth of the bottle.
- Tie the pot to the neck of the bottle with the help of lace. You can also use colourful tape. This will hold the pot in place.
- Now drape the second piece of cloth over the pot. Pin the end of this cloth in the front, where the ribbon is, to the second piece of cloth. This will keep the cloth in place and the ribbon will hide the safety pin.
Your doll is ready! Without buying a new item, you can make this doll by reusing things around the house.
Tip: Not only this, you can use this method to make friends for your doll, using slightly different materials. See how we have made a handsome doll and a pretty friend for ours!
Don’t forget to send us photographs of your doll creation. You can email us at email@example.com