- 1.Fun with Maths – A simple Mathemagic that will amaze your friends
- 2.Fun with Maths – The power of zero
- 3.Fun with Maths – You need not learn the table of 9
- 4.The 7-11-13 magic trick
- 5.Kangaroos Eating Oranges in Denmark
- 6.Fun with Maths: A cool addition trick
- 7.Fun with Maths: Identify the heavier diamond
- 8.Help the snail reach the top of the pit
- 9.Fun with Maths – Decode the letters
- 10.Fun with Maths – decode the letters part 2
- 11.Half of every square
- 12.Fun with Maths – Divide the given shape
- 13.Turn the fish around
- 14.How many squares are there?
- 15.Count the triangles
- 16.Create more squares
- 17.Arrange ten circles in five lines
- 18.Draw the designs without lifting the pencil
- 19.How many Diamonds do the Dragons have?
- 20.The mystery of the hotel rent
- 21.Time and Work – How Many Men
- 22.Connect the dots
- 23.Divide the cross by two straight lines
- 24.How many employees: a maths puzzle
- 25.Learn the multiplication table of 19 easily
- 26.What Time is it by the Mirror?
- 27.Help Minnie to Open the Safety Lock
- 28.Fun with Maths – How many coconuts
- 29.Fun with Maths: Mark the months in the calendar
- 30.Fun with Maths – Milkman’s containers
- 31.Fun with Maths – The pink princess gown
- 32.Fun with maths – An old woman’s will
- 33.Cross the bridge in 17 minutes
Zero means nothing. But still it is an important number. Perform this fun magic with your friends. By the end of the magic they will see how powerful zero is.
Any number of children can participate in this magic at a given time.
- Distribute blank chits to all your friends. Keep one for yourself.
- Each one has to secretly write a number on their chit; how much ever big or small. Write a number on your chit as well.
- Now everybody (including you) will fold their chits and put it in a bowl.
- Claim that you will write the answer of the multiplication of all the numbers in the bowl without even seeing the numbers. Write on a blank chit, fold and keep it at some place. Do not show the answer at this step.
- Now challenge your friends to check the answer by multiplying all the numbers (give them a calculator to do so).
- Once they are done, they may open your chit to tally, once they get the answer.
Secret: The answer to this magic always comes as zero, as on your own chit you will write the number zero.
Some children may write very large numbers to put you in trouble. This magic will make them understand an important property of zero – ‘Any number multiplied by zero always gives zero.’
(If more than one chits have zero, even then the answer will remain zero, as zero multiplied by zero also gives zero.)