- 1.Fun with Maths – A simple Mathemagic that will amaze your friends
- 2.Fun with Maths – The power of zero
- 3.Fun with Maths – You need not learn the table of 9
- 4.The 7-11-13 magic trick
- 5.Kangaroos Eating Oranges in Denmark
- 6.Fun with Maths: A cool addition trick
- 7.Fun with Maths: Identify the heavier diamond
- 8.Help the snail reach the top of the pit
- 9.Fun with Maths – Decode the letters
- 10.Fun with Maths – decode the letters part 2
- 11.Half of every square
- 12.Fun with Maths – Divide the given shape
- 13.Turn the fish around
- 14.How many squares are there?
- 15.Count the triangles
- 16.Create more squares
- 17.Arrange ten circles in five lines
- 18.Draw the designs without lifting the pencil
- 19.How many Diamonds do the Dragons have?
- 20.The mystery of the hotel rent
- 21.Time and Work – How Many Men
- 22.Connect the dots
- 23.Divide the cross by two straight lines
- 24.How many employees: a maths puzzle
- 25.Learn the multiplication table of 19 easily
- 26.What Time is it by the Mirror?
- 27.Help Minnie to Open the Safety Lock
- 28.Fun with Maths – How many coconuts
- 29.Fun with Maths: Mark the months in the calendar
- 30.Fun with Maths – Milkman’s containers
- 31.Fun with Maths – The pink princess gown
- 32.Fun with maths – An old woman’s will
- 33.Cross the bridge in 17 minutes
Having fun with maths is the best way to learn it! Let us teach you a simple trick.
The five card magic
Preparation: Take five blank cards with numbers 1 to 5 written on them with black colour; one number on each card. On the back of the same cards, write numbers 6 to 10, with red colour taking care to write 6 on the back of 1; 7 at the back of 2 and so on.
The magic begins. Hand over all the five cards to a friend. Stand turning your back. Claim that you will do the magic without seeing.
- Ask the friend to drop all the five cards down on the ground.
- Ask him/her for only one information – “How many red cards are facing up?”
Surprise your friend by telling the answer to the addition of all five numbers that are facing up.
Trick: The maths behind this magic is that the sum of 1 to 5 is 15. So, if no red card is up you’ll say the sum is 15. Each red card is exactly 5 more than the black number on the other side. So, if one red card is up, the answer is 15 + 5 = 20. If two red cards are up, the answer is 15 + 10 = 25 and so on. Have fun!!!