Neev endeavours to provide your child with wholesome entertainment, knowledge and information based on their age group needs. While doing this, we at Neev feel that it is our responsibility to make you aware of parenting in the digital platform.
Staying connected is a big part of our children’s lives. Below are Neev’s 10 commandments for accessing content over the Internet.
It is important to:
- Acknowledge the use of technology to aid children’s connectedness.
- Talk to your children often about the content they access online.
- Get involved in the technology that your children use.
- Agree and set rules for Internet usage and time limits.
- Discuss the importance of personal information and encourage your children to think before clicking.
- Be a role model for your children.
- Remember, on the Internet, inappropriate content could be just a click away.
- Be aware of, and discuss the problems with viruses and phishing websites.
- Discourage downloading of free content, games and applications off the Internet.
- Discuss and prevent your children from posting offensive and rude material over the Internet.